At the end of December I was named by Liberal England in the 'eight wishes for 2008' meme.
It's a little late, but still early enough in the new year to give my list.
1. Success for the Liberal Democrats in the May local elections in Watford and elsewhere.
2. Success too for the various sports teams that I follow - promotion for Watford, Montrose and Dundee football teams and London Scottish rugby, and some sign of emergence from the doldrums for Coventry City FC and at rugby for Coventry and Nuneaton.
3. Scotland to win the Calcutta Cup.
4. Some sign that under Nick Clegg the Liberal Democrats will be more distincively Liberal, and less grandmotherly on social and lifestyle issues (smoking, drinking gambling etc.)
5. For those Lib Dems who disavow the term 'economic Liberal' to say what sort of economic policy we should have. Then at least there can be a debate.
6. For Watford's new swimming pools/leisure centres (currently under construction) to open and to have a swim in each of them.
7. To complete my Phd thesis (or at least a first draft)
8. To avoid being deleted from the Liberal England blogroll.